- Corrupted players can be attacked regardless of other affiliations. This is something that will be tested during Alpha-2.
- Node citizenship.
There's node citizenship. There's guild. There's alliance. There's party. There's raid. There's family. All of these types of affiliations have a hierarchy. The highest of which is your node affiliation: So your citizenship is your greatest superceding relationship, which means if you were a part of a guild and the guild has multiple nodes in which its members are citizens of, if there was a war between two of those nodes, the members of those nodes would be first and foremost citizens who defend that node, even against their own guild members. – Steven Sharif
All of these things have some hierarchy; and within that hierarchy there's the ability to participate within certain systems. So for example, if you have a node that has fallen under your vassal state and you're a citizen of the parent node, then you could participate in a siege against the vassal node but if you're a citizen of the vassal node you could not participate as an attacker against the parent node; so there's a hierarchy, unless you were to renounce your citizenship. – Steven Sharif
- Parties have up to eight (8) players in a single group.
- Raids will have 40 man groups.
- Content will be tailored for 40, 16 and 8 person group sizes.
- Arenas will have 1 man, 3 man, 5 man and possibly 20 man Free-For-All (Deathmatch) group sizes.
- Castle sieges are expected to have at minimum 250x250 players to be on a single battlefield, with the possibility of increasing this to 500x500 over time.
The idea behind an 8-person group is to allow us to really amplify party roles, and to create a need for each of the archetypes in every party.
- Mechanics exist within larger conflicts for small groups and even solo players to impact the battle.
- This includes systems that will likely focus on single group sized participants while the larger battle is occurring.
- Livestream, 29 March 2019 (17:10).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (58:07).
- Livestream, 29 July 2022 (1:07:20).
- Group dynamics blog.
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Livestream, 30 November 2020 (1:20:25).
- Livestream, 9 May 2017 (34:38).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (48:12).
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (28:48).
- Livestream, 15 May 2017 (29:30).