Velkor's Eye was a cosmetic Vek freehold skin in a pre-order pack.
Peer into the stars with this custom Freehold appearance.
The Cosmetic store enables players to purchase Cosmetics for use in Ashes of Creation. The cosmetic store offers limited time, limited quantity items to help sustain game development.
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means.
- Nothing in the cosmetic store will be pay to win.
Nothing in our shop will ever be pay to win as we believe this practice greatly hurts the MMORPG genre.
- Cash shop cosmetics will offer a diverse selection of unique looks.
I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost. I want to incentivize purchase by offering limited items: limited time, limited quantity, so you have confidence that when you purchase them, they won't be offered later on in some other way. – Steven Sharif
- All cosmetic store items will be non-tradeable. There will be no gifting mechanism for cosmetic items.
I don't want cosmetic items that can be purchased from the market to be transferable... because it is in a way a transfer of money for potentially something in-game. – Steven Sharif
Pets, Mounts, Armor, Buildings and Accessories sold in the cosmetic store are skins.
- Skins are cosmetic items that do not grant the user any benefit.
- Skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within Ashes of Creation.
- Mount skins require a specific type of mount to have been achieved in-game.
- The flavor text next to store items relates to the lore and background of creatures and items in the world of Verra.
- Caravan skins change the appearance of an in-game mount and in-game caravan that are hooked up to each other.
- The best skins will be in-game achievable.
The best skins will be in-game achievable (obviously “best” is subjective, so I’d say the most ornate and detailed/unique). – Steven Sharif
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Ashes of Creation Store: Velkor's Eye.
- ↑ Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- ↑ Livestream, July 25, 2020 (1:53:46).
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Livestream, 2018-04-8 (PM) (58:29).
- ↑ 6.0 6.1
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Interview, May 11, 2018 (32:36).
- ↑ Ashes of Creation Store: Velkor's Eye.
- ↑ Livestream, November 30, 2020 (56:02).
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Rime and Regal.
- ↑ Livestream, December 6, 2018 (41:43).
- ↑ Livestream, November 30, 2020 (58:24).
- ↑ 16.0 16.1
- ↑ 17.0 17.1
- ↑ 18.0 18.1