Vek (pronounced Veck) are a playable Kaivek Orc race in Ashes of Creation.
Celestial. Purpose. Fate. When one stargazes they find beauty lies beyond our world, when The Vek stargaze they find fate lies beyond our time. Star maps, numerology and prophecy are integral parts of each Vek's life. Great leaders read the heavens for how wars will go, which empires will rise and fall, and the Vek often ask themselves "are we too late?"
- Racial benefits may include navigation on the open seas.
Ren'Kai are large and 'buff' in appearance.
- They are the tallest race in Ashes of Creation.
- They are considerably taller than their human counterparts.
- Red or green skin tone is selectable via the character creator.
Vek are "goblinesque" in appearance and have a somewhat "contorted" stature.
- The Vek are taller than the Dünir but appear shorter than the Kaelar and Vaelune due to their stature.
The Vek have a Mesoamerican racial influence.
Kaivek Orcs are split into two races: Ren'Kai and Vek.
The Kaivek have always adhered to a strict code of tribal loyalty... Roughly thirteen centuries [before the fall], a leader named Ran'Kal united the clans into a nation called the Kaivek Protectorate. Kal taught that all Orcs answer to the protection of the divine order. This teaching expressed the belief that it was the will of the gods that all Orc kind should have superiority over the nations of Verra. For it was only through the unity of the clans that the people of Verra would be lead to enlightenment. It was the teachings of Kal that lead the Kaivek to pursue campaigns of conquest across the lands of Verra. Where the Orcs were once nomadic and divided before Kal, through his leadership they became a powerful nation united in conquest. Trophies of each city conquered is found in the capital city of Ren. [Just before the fall] the Kaivek Protectorate have adopted a policy of peaceful coexistence with their neighbors. Having endured centuries of conflict, leaders rose among them echoing the teachings of peace. These recent reformations have once again begun to lead to a fracturing of the Protectorate. Some unrest among the clans have called for a culling of those who are unworthy of the protection from the divine order. – Steven Sharif
Through scalding sun or biting winter, the Vek diviners persevere in the pursuit of astral knowledge as they have for hundreds of cycles. To the diviner, the stars contain the weave of all future histories; the threads only need be touched and followed to understand. Thus, they roam the land in search of the outer realm's most ancient secrets.
2023-04-27 2023-02-01 2023-02-01 2023-02-01 2023-02-01 2023-02-01 2022-12-04 2022-12-04 2022-12-04 2022-12-03 2022-04-28 2022-04-01 2022-04-01 2022-04-01 2022-04-01 2022-03-31
- ↑ Livestream, March 31, 2022 (1:08:48).
- ↑ Video, March 31, 2022 (0:00).
- ↑ Livestream, March 31, 2022 (1:06:54).
- ↑ 5.0 5.1
- ↑ Livestream, September 27, 2018 (54:53).
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Livestream, January 28, 2022 (47:00).
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Livestream, January 28, 2022 (39:30).
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Interview, June 13, 2021 (31:24).
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 Livestream, September 24, 2021 (1:06:30).
- ↑ Livestream, August 27, 2021 (1:18:30).
- ↑ Podcast, May 11, 2018 (31:35).
- ↑ Livestream, November 3, 2018 (0:02:36).
- ↑ Pilgrimage of the Diviner.