- There will be "bleed over" between underrealm nodes and surface nodes in terms of influence and interaction.
- There may be visual cues above ground that indicate influence from underrealm nodes in that area.
That might be a little bit of a departure from our design in the past. I know originally you know like two-plus years ago we were discussing how those would be independent of each other, but I think as we further defined the layout of the world map itself you know it made more sense for those to have some interaction and influence that's combined. – Steven Sharif
- Caravan routes will go underground.
- Node sieges occur in the usual manner.
- There will be underrealm Metropolises.
- Vassal nodes must remain at least one node stage below their parent node.
- Caravans should be able to operate as they do above ground.
- If there's insufficient room for Dragons, another mount type may be utilized.
- Burrowing mounts are being considered as an alternative to flying mounts in the Underrealm.
One of the important aspects of color play is going to be the distinguishing factor between different Underrealms and the regions that exist in the world: Their color influences set them apart from different regions. – Steven Sharif
- This will not be a one-to-one correlation: for example, it won't snow in the Underrealm.
- Tunnel flooding and other effects will be related to the weather above ground.
The seasons above ground will kind of inform what happens underneath. I mean, it's not going to be a direct one-to-one correlation right, not like it's going to be raining in the underworld, but you will see the effects from above happen down below: You might find tunnels being flooded. – Jeffrey Bard
- This will affect Farming and Animal husbandry professions.
- Since players may only have one Freehold, they must choose their Artisan specializations accordingly if they wish to place it in the Underrealm.
- Livestream, March 29, 2019 (58:14).
- Livestream, March 29, 2019 (29:17).
- Livestream, May 5, 2017 (37:52).
- Livestream, May 26, 2017 (31:44).
- Livestream, May 26, 2017 (42:45).
- Livestream, May 24, 2017 (31:39).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Livestream, August 26, 2022 (1:07:34).
- Ashes of Creation - The visuals.
- Livestream, June 1, 2017 (24:30).
- Interview, August 17, 2018 (8:57).
- Livestream, January 18, 2018 (14:00).