(Redirected from Trees)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- As you move through a plant you're not just gonna go straight through the plant. It will move around on the client for you: you'll see that plant move because you intersected with it and passed through it. So there's collision with foliage there; but I'm not sure if it's going to be as granular on blades of grass. We do have footprints and footsteps... you can see them on the dirt surfaces; you can see them on the snow surfaces. – Steven Sharif
- There will be player collision with foliage.
- Different growth states will have different collision profiles.
- For example as for trees, sapling stage requires no collision, but the young stage will have a collision that you can no longer go through. – Alex Khudoliy
2023-01-17 2022-09-08 2022-08-27 2022-03-24 2021-03-21
- House plants may be available as housing decor items.
- The developers have discussed potentially adding mechanics to potted plants that yield unique items if the plant is properly maintained.
- Some resources will be one-time gatherables, others will exist as clusters that will last until the vein is depleted.
- We really want resources to be persistent and non-renewable. If there’s a mithril vein, that mithril vein will be there until it runs out. The server will manage these amounts on its own, and will repopulate things where and when it desires. You might find another mithril vein in that location sometime later, or somewhere nearby, or maybe never again!
- Players drop resources and other items upon death, based on their applicable death penalties.
- Raw materials (gatherable resources) are not to be confused with crafting materials (processed goods).
- This will affect Farming and Animal husbandry professions.
- Since players may only have one Freehold, they must choose their Artisan specializations accordingly if they wish to place it in the Underrealm.
- Seasonal variations in resource availability will impact the economy and necessitate the transit of goods between different regions.
- One of the things that is huge about the season system and how it affects crops and the gatherables in the game is the impact it will have on the economy. When a particular area no longer is capable for a week's period of time, or even potentially longer, of producing a certain type of crop or harvestable; and that has to change across the world regionally, now the transit system of those materials of those gatherables they become more relevant, and they're subject to potential risk; and the prices might go up in certain areas. It is something that is actually very instrumental in the overall design of the economy in the game. – Steven Sharif
- Seasons may not directly affect certain gatherables, such as veins of ore, but access to those resources may be blocked during certain weather conditions.
- It won't likely affect too much on certain resource spectrums like veins of ore. Those might not be affected by the seasons or weather systems, but there might be blockages to cave networks that house those types of ore veins. Alternatively it is going to be significant impact on any type of herbology or plant-based types of gatherables. It's going to have significant impacts on crops that players can plant themselves on their properties; and that they'll be able to harvest. They're going to need to time the crop placement and its maturity window so that it's harvestable and available to be harvest before the change of seasons that might adversely affect certain types of crops. And not every biome will experience the same type of effects caused by the seasonality of the world. The desert biome might instead of snow have significant more winds that pick up that could be damaging to more fragile types of crops if you have a freehold in that location. – Steven Sharif
- As you draw resources from your surrounding area- what type of effect does that have on the land; and then also how effectively can you draw those resources without having such a deleterious effect on the land, which might impact future resource gathering for some period of time: And it makes relevant the movement of these players who are collecting these goods from the environment, that they actually cannot always just do so in one particular area, as the land management begins to degrade. So it actually encourages movement across the world to discover new areas that might not be as perturbed as the ones you're coming from. It's a very interesting idea. It's something that we're going to be prototyping in Alpha 2 and getting feedback on and testing. – Steven Sharif
- The spawn rate of resources in a given area is influenced by how players are interacting with those resources.
- It could be could be positive or negative, or both simultaneously. So the land health value ties into the health of a specific ecosystem; and the ecosystem can kind of scale with different segment sizes of the world, or the world itself: A biome, maybe a node, maybe the player's freehold. And the things that a player does in those areas will contribute to health in a positive or negative way. So doing something like rotating your crops might increase the health of the land because that's considered something good to do; and maybe apprehending or removing poachers that are over hunting a certain species could be helpful to the health of the land. Maybe the mayor puts out a request for players to try and get rid of invasive species that are plants- maybe they're overgrowing weed and it's stopping other valuable plants from growing. – Kory Rice
- Livestream, July 31, 2020 (1:39:00).
- Livestream, October 30, 2020 (43:01).
- Twitter: Foul and ravenous spirits have been bound to these stinking flowers!
- Video, October 28, 2022 (19:10).
- Livestream, May 27, 2022 (54:49).
- Livestream, May 27, 2022 (1:01:45).
- Video, October 28, 2022 (3:49).
- Livestream, September 24, 2021 (1:03:18).
- Livestream, October 30, 2020 (44:22).
- Livestream, September 3, 2017 (10:48).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Livestream, May 8, 2017 (54:26).
- Livestream, July 31, 2020 (1:05:58).
- Livestream, July 25, 2020 (1:04:50).
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 2017-04-13.
- Livestream, March 26, 2021 (1:07:33).
- Podcast, May 5, 2017 (43:05).
- Interview, July 18, 2020 (27:11).
- Livestream, May 5, 2017 (34:15).
- Livestream, May 10, 2017 (8:22).
- Livestream, June 1, 2017 (24:30).
- Video, May 30, 2017 (0:01).
- Livestream, April 29, 2022 (56:24).
- Livestream, May 27, 2022 (55:47).
- Video, May 27, 2022 (15:50).
- Livestream, May 8, 2017 (20:27).
- Video, May 25, 2017 (4:37).
- Livestream, May 5, 2017 (32:11).
- Interview, February 7, 2021 (44:17).
- Video, October 28, 2022 (14:33).
- Livestream, April 29, 2022 (25:16).