Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Resource tiers||1 - 2|
|Source||Vendor Quest rewards|
- Progression in the gathering artisan class unlocks higher level harvesting tools that enable gathering of higher level resources.
- Artisan progression unlocks higher level surveying tools that enable better identification of gatherable resources within a location.
- Higher level of progression can also speed up gathering times, resource yields, and may allow access to resources at earlier growth stages.
- A gatherer at maximum proficiency will unlock master toolsets that will grant them access to the highest quality gatherables.
- Tools will have durability and tool lifespans.
- Artisans will not need to rely on other trees in order to make their tools.
- Tools do advance within the artisan tree, so your ability to either gather, process or craft will require the equivalent tools necessary at that stage of crafting in order to accomplish the task at hand. So, you could not mine copper and mithril with the same tool. – Steven Sharif
- The developers are considering the introduction gathering tools that require two players, such as two-person saws that can fell larger trees.
- Your progression within the profession will take account what tools you can use. There might even be some opportunity to do some gathering with other players that you know. Typically in other games that I play you usually do the gathering alone. You're venturing around alone; and we wanted to take a look at maybe having a friend to help you with a two person saw on a larger tree. Maybe there's some panning that you could do as opposed to just hitting with the pickaxe. So, we'll have other tools that are part of that progression path and other activities that players can do if they would like to gather together. – Kory Rice
|This section contains information from Alpha-1 testing. It will be updated when new information is made available.|
|Tool rarity||Resource tiers||Vendor price||Vendor location|
|Common||1||10g||Alpha-1 starting area|
|Uncommon||1 - 2||100g||Expedition (stage 1) nodes|
|Rare||1 - 3||500g||Encampment (stage 2) nodes|
|Epic||1 - 4||2000g||Village (stage 3) nodes|