A wealth of Empyreans possess a natural affinity for the healing arts, and this ruinous world is ever wanting of their graceful benediction. The satchel's more potent concoctions are derived from the sacred groves themselves, as the heightened presence of divinity there imbues the flora with great power.
- Expeditionary pre-order pack: Aug 2019 - Sep 2019
- Voyager plus pre-order pack: Aug 2019 - Sep 2019
- Voyager pre-order pack: Aug 2019 - Sep 2019
- Wayfarer pre-order pack: Aug 2019 - Sep 2019
Items on back and belt
- Players can set the appearance priority for the items they wish to show in their Back and Belt slots. Only one item can show at a time, and that is determined by player choice.
- There'll be a priority system behind that that'll determine... do I show the Bow if the Greatsword is unequipped or do I show the Polearm if the Greatsword is unequipped. – Jeffrey Bard
- Some ranged or melee abilities require a specific weapon to be equipped. Weapons that are equipped in the character's ranged or offhand slots will automatically swap in and out as required by the skill.
- All skin cosmetic items are cosmetic items only and do not grant the user any other benefit. The lore text is flavor text, and background of the creatures and items in the world of Verra.
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means. Cosmetics achievable in-game will be on-par, and in the case of legendary skins, even more elaborate than shop items.
- I want to make sure that equitable cosmetics both from a quantity and quality standpoint are achievable through in-game achievements. Time, effort should let you be happy with what you can accomplish. – Steven Sharif
- In my opinion quality of cash shop cosmetics should be equal to in game achievable cosmetics, but offer a diverse selection of unique looks. – Steven Sharif
- There will be legendary cosmetics that are only achievable in-game that will never be offered in the cosmetic shop.
- There will not be recolors or material swaps on the monthly cosmetics as a means to populate in-game achievements.
- From an armor standpoint, we cut armor sets up into many different pieces. These pieces can sometimes be used as part of other sets, that may include helmets, wrists, gloves etc. So while you will not see an achievable white version of the corvid castigator set in the game for example, you may see its shoulder piece used in another set, or its leggings, or wrist piece used in another set (not every piece as to form the whole set, but perhaps a couple pieces). This would be difficult to notice at first glance, due to the material, texture and color variation used, but this modular approach to content creation makes achieving a wide variety of looks achievable for an MMORPG of our size. – Steven Sharif
- Different variants of store purchased cosmetic creatures (Pets and Mounts) may exist in the wild.
- Cosmetics can be used by all races but there may be slight variations to make them work with the body builds of each race.
- There will not be mascot looking/furry cosmetics.
- It's important to remember, Ashes is a NO-BOX COST subscription only game, with an optional cosmetic marketplace. This achieves a few things from a monetization model. Having a lower barrier to entry for players to try the game when they don't have to fork out $60 for the box price is good, our box price is 0$. This also places an emphasis on the game's retention and our continual updates and content creation to keep players playing and staying subscribed (a put your money where your mouth is sort of philosophy for us as a company). It also means players don't have to spend $60 every time there is an expansion. – Steven Sharif
- Costume and pet cosmetics don't have a level restriction. Building, ship, caravan and mount cosmetics require an in-game item to be obtained first to apply the cosmetic.
- I know there have been quite a few questions regarding cosmetics over the years. As we get further along in development, we'll be providing more specific information regarding what specific buildings, items, etc., you can place each cosmetic on. We'll update this for all past items. – Margaret Krohn
- Cosmetics are not tradeable with other players but can be reassigned to other characters (alts) within the same account.
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means.
- Nothing in the cosmetic store will be pay to win.
Nothing in our shop will ever be pay to win as we believe this practice greatly hurts the MMORPG genre.
- Cash shop cosmetics will offer a diverse selection of unique looks.
I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost. I want to incentivize purchase by offering limited items: limited time, limited quantity, so you have confidence that when you purchase them, they won't be offered later on in some other way. – Steven Sharif
- All cosmetic store items will be non-tradeable. There will be no gifting mechanism for cosmetic items.
- Skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within Ashes of Creation.
- Owning cosmetics does not guarantee the acquisition of the item the cosmetic can be used on. Players must still achieve the corresponding item/building. – Steven Sharif
- Caravan skins change the appearance of an in-game mount and in-game caravan that are hooked up to each other.
- The best skins will be in-game achievable.
- The best skins will be in-game achievable (obviously “best” is subjective, so I’d say the most ornate and detailed/unique). – Steven Sharif
- Livestream, January 30, 2020 (49:08).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Sootheroot Satchel.
- Livestream, June 4, 2018 (19:48).
- Livestream, September 30, 2022 (49:16).
- Podcast, September 29, 2021 (40:50).
- Interview, May 11, 2018 (16:32).
- Livestream, September 3, 2017 (48:56).
- Livestream, January 28, 2022 (39:30).
- Rime and Regal.
- Ashes of Creation Reddit - Heat and Harmony.
- Livestream, May 8, 2017 (48:52).
- Livestream, 2018-04-8 (PM) (58:29).
- Livestream, July 25, 2020 (1:53:46).
- Livestream, June 28, 2019 (1:25:55).
- Livestream, June 26, 2020 (1:42:55).
- Podcast, November 15, 2020 (49:02).
- Livestream, November 30, 2020 (57:50).
- Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- Interview, May 11, 2018 (32:36).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Sootheroot Satchel.
- Livestream, November 30, 2020 (56:02).
- Livestream, December 6, 2018 (41:43).
- Livestream, June 30, 2023 (1:15:34).
- Livestream, August 28, 2020 (2:14:06).