Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Server rollbacks are emergency scenarios. Are we open to taking emergency action if it's necessary? Yes, of course we're open to doing whatever is necessary to address unforeseen problems, but it should be a last a last-ditch option. – Steven Sharif
- Castle sieges.
- Node sieges.
- Legendary world boss spawns.
- Mob attacks and Monster coin events.
- Dungeon opportunities.
- Local events
- Local events (such as caravan PvP) may prompt players via the UI asking if they wish to participate or not.
- Other local events may offer audible or visual cues without any UI notifications.
- Local events that have not been addressed may start to expand regionally or even globally.
- One important thing to note about events in general is notifications are sent to the players. Players can opt into these events in a similar way that you would into a quest. You're going to be presented with a 'would you like to participate' but they might not always be that way. You might hear trees falling in the forest and that may be an audio cue to tell you something's happening over there. It's out of the ordinary. This is not normally an audio cue that I hear in this area and i'm gonna go investigate that thing. So it might not just be always that kind of UI window represented with a 'participate or not' but I'm going to go investigate and in that sense it could be stage driven. So you might have the more local stage where it is just the visual or audio cues and you get to go participate in that stage; and then when it advances, or if you don't answer the problem in time, then it starts to expand regionally and then it might send out particular notifications to either citizens of the node from which it falls under its purview or even broader than that. It could be global driven events and then it could have things that are are visual cues that are really big like a giant blizzard that's affecting the zone, because the event hasn't been addressed; and that can affect the crop rotations or it can affect passages and roads and how caravans move. There's a lot that the predicate system informs to the event system and then the event system reacts to those types of predicates. – Steven Sharif
- Node-based events
- Certain node-based events will be broadcast to node citizens, others, such as caravans, will not be announced and will instead rely on player word-of-mouth.
- Node advancement notifications will be broadcast depending on the node's stage.
- New citizens of a node may be announced in a dedicated node citizen chat channel.
- Election notices will be mailed to the accounts of citizens.
- Whether it be like a siege or a triggered event against a city or like a unique dungeon opportunity... those types of things are going to involve notifications. Especially to the citizens of the city; where you'll be informed of an impending event. Basically it will give you time. – Steven Sharif
- Livestream, June 30, 2022 (1:13:23).
- Types of Events on Verra.
- Livestream, April 29, 2022 (32:29).
- Livestream, April 29, 2022 (42:31).
- Livestream, May 4, 2018 (48:14).
- Livestream, April 29, 2022 (39:00).
- Livestream, June 25, 2021 (1:13:30).
- Interview, August 17, 2018 (24:48).
- Interview, March 27, 2020 (16:19).
- Livestream, May 22, 2017 (40:40).
- Livestream, April 30, 2021 (1:01:10).
- Livestream, October 30, 2020 (1:01:00).