Scribing is a crafting profession in Ashes of Creation.
- Scribes can create scrolls or books.
- Scrolls can be utilized by different professions to create enchantments relating to that profession. Enchantment scrolls can be sold on the open market.
- They want to be able to collect information about the events of the world as they see it from their point of view. For instance: Nodes leveling up, they want to be able to take that information down and be the one to distribute it.
Enchanting is not an artisan profession in its own right. Scribes create scrolls that can be utilized by different professions to create enchantments relating to that profession.
- Enchantment scrolls can be sold on the open market.
- Enchanting does not increase an item's level requirement.
- You don't really push a particular item's level requirement or the identity of that item. You can enhance it, you can add enchantments to it, but it's still the item it is. – Steven Sharif
- Enchanting weapons applies visual effects, such as glows and colors.
There are two types of enchantments for items: Vertical and horizontal.
- Vertical enchantments are a power progression for a crafted item. More damage or mitigations, added effects or bonuses. Vertical enchantments include risks. 
- There isn't RNG in crafting but there may be a small amount of RNG in enchanting.
- Personally, I am fine with RNG in enchantment, so long as there are special ways to mitigate the RNG with investment, to a degree. For example, difficult to obtain enchantment scrolls that insure enchantment efforts, and including a buffer of safe enchantment in earlier pluses. – Steven Sharif
- Over-enchanting items comes with a potential risk that the item decays or is destroyed if a safety margin is exceeded. This system is subject to testing.
- There will be mechanisms for achieving safer enchantments, such as difficult to obtain enchantment scrolls, or very rare material acquisitions.
- When it comes to over-enchanting things, what we're going to do likely is have a safety- and this is something obviously it needs to be tested- but we're going to have a safety period of enchantment you know like in Lineage 2 I think you could enchant plus four or something. And so we're gonna have a similar system where you can enchant safely and then when you start to take risks, that percentage of potentially damaging your item either through the decay system or completely disabling it through the destruction system will be a risk that's present. – Steven Sharif
- Horizontal enchantments are more situational. For example: I'd like my sword to do force damage instead of holy damage because the monsters I tend to fight are incorporeal.
The history of each server will be tracked and visible to players in a node's library.
- We're gonna keep track of the history of the world so that we can tell people the story up to the current day. A player who's brand new, who's come in at the six-month mark can take a look at each server, what each server has done, how each server has tackled the storyline; and they can decide for themselves what community they want to join; what version of the world that they want to take part in. – Jeffrey Bard
- Scribes may be able to collect and record information about the events of the world as they see it from their point of view.
At Village (stage 3) the scientific node's unique building is the Library. Players can use the Library to access information, including (but not limited to) the following:
- History of narrative events and when they occurred.
- Locations and last known quantity of gatherable resources.
- As players report resource locations to their library, node citizens will see updated information for those resources on their map.
- Locations and inhabitants of new dungeons or POIs (points of Interest) that have spawned.
- Runic power stones for armor.
- Common armor and weapon recipes (level 25 and under).
Reports of information to the library may expire after a period of time (say one week). After which new reports will be required to update the existing information.
You'll get that shroud of war functionality for the week after a report but if it doesn't receive a follow-up report after that expiration period then it will not be updating real time. – Steven Sharif
Languages in Ashes of Creation may refer to:
- Racial and geographical influences on nomenclature in the lore.
- Localization/Internationalization of the game client for specific regions.
- ↑ Livestream, June 25, 2021 (48:08).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Livestream, May 27, 2022 (1:20:00).
- ↑ Livestream, October 14, 2022 (32:38).
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Livestream, May 26, 2017 (51:37).
- ↑ Livestream, May 17, 2017 (58:55).
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Livestream, March 26, 2021 (1:15:57).
- ↑ Livestream, January 28, 2022 (56:12).
- ↑ 8.0 8.1
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4
- ↑ 11.0 11.1
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 Interview, July 29, 2020 (15:04).
- ↑ Livestream, May 5, 2017 (20:41).
- ↑ Kickstarter packages.
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 15.3 15.4 15.5 15.6 15.7 Blog: Know Your Nodes - Scientific Node Type
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Interview, April 20, 2018 (9:20).
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 Podcast, April 11, 2021 (27:34).
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 Livestream, March 31, 2022 (4:57).
- ↑ What languages will Ashes of Creation be in?