(Redirected from Scribes)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Scribes can create scrolls or books.
- Scrolls can be utilized by different professions to create enchantments relating to that profession. Enchantment scrolls can be sold on the open market.
- Scribes can write freehold building blueprints with specific unique looks.
- They want to be able to collect information about the events of the world as they see it from their point of view. For instance: Nodes leveling up, they want to be able to take that information down and be the one to distribute it.
- You don't really push a particular item's level requirement or the identity of that item. You can enhance it, you can add enchantments to it, but it's still the item it is. – Steven Sharif
- Vertical enchantments are a power progression for a crafted item. More damage or mitigations, added effects or bonuses. Vertical enchantments include risks.
- There isn't RNG in crafting but there may be a small amount of RNG in enchanting.
- Over-enchanting items comes with a potential risk that the item decays or is destroyed if a safety margin is exceeded. This system is subject to testing.
- It's a progressive tier of risk. At lower levels you have opportunities to potentially lose out on the pluses instead of breaking the equipment. But when you reach a certain threshold, there is an opportunity to essentially destroy the equipment, where you get resources back. But that's a risk that the player takes. – Steven Sharif
- Lower levels of over-enchanting carries the risk of losing bonuses on the item. Over-enchanting beyond a certain threshold carries the risk of destroying the item and gaining resources back.
- There may be mechanisms for achieving safer over-enchantments, such as difficult to obtain enchantment scrolls, or very rare material acquisitions.
- Horizontal enchantments are more situational. For example: I'd like my sword to do force damage instead of holy damage because the monsters I tend to fight are incorporeal.
- We're gonna keep track of the history of the world so that we can tell people the story up to the current day. A player who's brand new, who's come in at the six-month mark can take a look at each server, what each server has done, how each server has tackled the storyline; and they can decide for themselves what community they want to join; what version of the world that they want to take part in. – Jeffrey Bard
- Scribes may be able to collect and record information about the events of the world as they see it from their point of view.
- The history of significant narrative events on a server, including when they first occurred and who participated in them, is canonized in libraries.
- There is a method by which we create a canon for the server of events. Those canons are usually going to be immortalized through systems like the library, which recounts certain types of events that happen on a server; and recount perhaps the members who participate in those events- immortalize them over time as the first-time defeaters, first-time accomplishers- that perspective. – Steven Sharif
- Locations and last known quantity of gatherable resources.
- Reports of information to the library may expire after a period of time (say one week). After which new reports will be required to update the existing information.
- You'll get that shroud of war functionality for the week after a report but if it doesn't receive a follow-up report after that expiration period then it will not be updating real time. – Steven Sharif
- Racial and geographical influences on nomenclature in the lore.
- Localization/Internationalization of the game client for specific regions.
- Livestream, June 25, 2021 (48:08).
- Livestream, May 27, 2022 (1:20:00).
- Livestream, October 14, 2022 (32:38).
- Livestream, May 26, 2017 (51:37).
- Livestream, June 30, 2023 (22:05).
- Livestream, May 17, 2017 (58:55).
- Livestream, March 26, 2021 (1:15:57).
- Interview, July 9, 2023 (1:50:10).
- Interview, July 29, 2020 (15:04).
- Livestream, May 5, 2017 (20:41).
- Kickstarter packages.
- Blog: Know Your Nodes - Scientific Node Type
- Interview, April 20, 2018 (9:20).
- Interview, July 9, 2023 (59:31).
- Podcast, April 11, 2021 (27:34).
- Livestream, March 31, 2022 (4:57).
- What languages will Ashes of Creation be in?