Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Characters performing ranged abilities will switch to the ranged weapon, then can switch back to the melee weapon and shield or two-handed melee weapon.
- There will be a setting to determine if the ranged weapon or main/offhand is the primary weapon to use for Q or left-mouse-button basic attacks.
- Let's say you use Power shot: You click Power shot, you quickly switch over to the ranged weapon, execute the skill, and you're back to your primary focus, which is the sword and shield; and then for weapon attacks like your Q or your left mouse button, you would have the option to to set which is your focus, the ranged weapon, or the main offhand selection and you can swap back and forth between that as you want. – Steven Sharif
- While melee characters have a max distance proximity where they're eligible to use their sword and melee weapons, Rangers are going to have a minimum distance requirement. – Steven Sharif
List of ranged weapons
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Airstrike||Leap forward in the direction the character is facing, raining down three projectiles that deal AoE damage and roots enemies in its path. The root effect is nature based.|
|Arcane Volley||Fires a volley of arcane missiles at your target, dealing arcane damage with each hit.||-||-|
|Ball Lightning||Creates a large ball of highly charged electricity that travels slowly forward, dealing rapid periodic lightning damage to enemies it overlaps with and applying an Electrified stack to targets with each hit.||-||-|
|Chain Lightning||Release a powerful streak of lightning that hits your primary target and then chains outward to all nearby enemies from that target, dealing lightning damage and applying 3 stacks of Electrified to each target hit.||-||-|
|Divine Censure||Hurls a radiant spear at the target, dealing damage.||Further attacks upon the target have a chance to heal the attacker.||The target has a chance to deal damage to itself when it attacks.|
|Fireball||Instantly hurl a ball of fire toward your target, dealing fire damage and applying one stack of Burning to target on impact.||-||-|
|Frostbolt||Launch a bolt of frost towards your target, dealing ice damage and applying two Chilled stacks to the target on impact.||-||-|
|Grapple||Takes aim for a moment before hurling a hooked chain in a line, damaging the first target it contacts and immediately pulling them to the caster. The target suffers a tapering snare for 3 seconds.|
|Judgment||Cast a heal on target ally for a large amount of health. If this is cast on an enemy, it instead deals radiant damage to the target and applies 2 stacks of Burning.|
|Lightning Strike||Call down a bolt of lightning upon your target, dealing lightning damage and applying two stack of Electrified to the target.||-||-|
|Longbow basic attack||A slower, powerful, longer range basic ranged attack. Tapping the basic attack button will shoot normally. Holding the basic attack button will charge the shot (and root the player) to cause added damage.|
|Meteor||Conjures a massive flaming rock before sending it hurling toward target location. Upon impact, it deals major fire damage while knocking foes flying, and then continues to roll forward for its remaining distance, dealing additional fire damage while applying stacks of Burning to enemies along its path.||-||-|
|Prismatic Beam||Spawns a giant prismatic beam of energy that can be aimed around you. Deals large damage to enemy targets.||Increased damage.||Snares hit targets.|
|Quick Shot||Ranged attack that applies a debuff to the target. Each additional quickshot against the same target does increasing damage but consumes one of three charges that regenerate over time.|
|Resplendent Beam||Held ability: Fire a beam of healing energy toward a target ally. Charging this spell allows the beam to bounce to up to 5 additional friendly targets closest to the original target, based on how long it was charged. The amount of healing is reduced for each subsequent target.|
|Shortbow basic attack||A fast, low power, short range basic ranged attack. Holding down the basic attack button will repeatedly fire.|
|Smite||Smite your target, dealing instant damage and applying a stack of Burning to target enemy. Has no cast time and deals increased damage if activated within melee range of the target. This attack always critically hits on targets under the effect of Condemn.|
|Snipe||A powerful charged attack.|
|Thundershock||Shoots forward a beam of lightning that damages enemies in a line in front of you.||Increased damage.||Now knocks down hit targets.|
|Wings of Salvation||Sprout phoenix-like wings and leap to target ally, then grant a small amount of temporary health to that target on arrival. An ally is defined as any non-combatant player or non-mob NPC.|
- 3 Back slots.
- 3 Belt slots.
- 8 Armor slots.
- 5 Jewelry slots.
- 1 Undergarment slot is used to equip artisan gear.
- Previously it was stated there were 16 gear slots.
Items on back and belt
- Players can set the appearance priority for the items they wish to show in their Back and Belt slots. Only one item can show at a time, and that is determined by player choice.
- There'll be a priority system behind that that'll determine... do I show the Bow if the Greatsword is unequipped or do I show the Polearm if the Greatsword is unequipped. – Jeffrey Bard
- Some ranged or melee abilities require a specific weapon to be equipped. Weapons that are equipped in the character's ranged or offhand slots will automatically swap in and out as required by the skill.
- Podcast, September 29, 2021 (40:50).
- Interview, May 11, 2018 (16:32).
- Livestream, June 30, 2017 (47:14).
- Podcast, September 29, 2021 (46:20).
- Livestream, September 30, 2022 (49:16).
- Video, September 30, 2022 (15:28).
- Video, April 28, 2023 (22:13).
- Video, April 28, 2023 (7:15).
- Video, May 31, 2023 (12:12).
- Video, April 28, 2023 (17:50).
- Video, November 1, 2020 (0:51).
- Video, April 28, 2023 (15:35).
- Video, March 31, 2023 (9:55).
- Video, January 27, 2023 (10:27).
- Video, July 28, 2023 (15:15).
- Video, April 28, 2023 (13:40).
- Livestream, September 30, 2022 (26:42).
- Video, September 30, 2022 (19:32).
- Video, September 30, 2022 (10:44).
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Video, December 23, 2020 (1:53).
- Livestream, October 16, 2017 (42:42).
- Livestream, July 31, 2020 (1:02:59).
- Video, September 30, 2022 (16:19).
- Video, July 28, 2023 (12:04).
- Video, July 28, 2023 (29:23).
- Video, September 30, 2022 (14:27).
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Video, December 23, 2020 (0:40).
- Livestream, October 16, 2017 (39:15).
- Video, July 28, 2023 (24:03).
- Video, July 28, 2023 (24:16).
- Livestream, February 24, 2023 (46:15).
- Livestream, April 28, 2023 (1:08:55).
- Podcast, September 29, 2021 (47:57).
- Livestream, May 31, 2023 (48:11).
- Livestream, July 28, 2017 (24:54).
- Livestream, February 9, 2018 (7:31).
- Livestream, July 28, 2017 (31:30).
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Livestream, June 30, 2022 (1:17:34).
- Interview, September 10, 2023 (47:13).
- Livestream, June 4, 2018 (19:48).
- Livestream, September 3, 2017 (48:56).
- Livestream, January 28, 2022 (39:30).