Good actions, such as participating in civilization building, may result in a character gaining positive node reputation. Bad actions taken, such as failing certain quests, may result in gaining negative reputation. This reputation is gained or lost on a per-node basis.
- Negative reputation may open up certain quest lines that the darker, seedier side of the world are interested in.
- The more good aligned or civilization building aligned tasks that you complete, you get higher positive reputation. But if you get low or bad reputation you could be deemed enemy of the state of a node. You could be deemed a bad actor and it might raise prices for you, but it also might open up certain quest lines that the darker, seedier side of the world are interested in. – Steven Sharif
- Node reputation affects access to certain node vendors, specific goods or services that they sell, and the pricing of those items.
- Node reputation is a separate mechanic that also deals as a predicate for the vendors that you have access to as a player. And so you can establish that node reputation by doing certain activities within the node, by progressing within certain social organizations, or certain religions within the node; and then that predicate serves as your access either to items granularly within a vendor's access table, or to just vendors as a whole. It just depends; and there's different thresholds you have to meet across different vendors. – Steven Sharif
- NPCs will add a player to their hate list if that player heals, buffs or otherwise assists any player on their hate list.
- Livestream, August 31, 2023 (1:06:01).
- Livestream, December 23, 2021 (1:26:36).
- Livestream, July 28, 2023 (1:19:55).
- Livestream, February 24, 2023 (1:22:04).
- Livestream, February 28, 2020 (1:14:38).
- Livestream, November 17, 2017 (29:45).
- Livestream, August 26, 2022 (1:12:40).
- Blog: Development Update with Village Node.
- Livestream, August 31, 2023 (44:21).
- Livestream, August 31, 2023 (39:17).