Mules are mounts that assist in the transport of goods, resources, and gatherables to increase a player's carrying capacity. Mules transport goods on a much smaller scale than the caravan system.
List of mule mounts
|This section contains information from Alpha-1 testing. It will be updated when new information is made available.|
- There will be smaller mules.
Personal inventory limits are tied to a backpack. Material and gatherable items are subject to quantity rather than weight limits. Caravans and Mules are intended to be the primary mode of transportation of goods beyond these limits.
- Mules can carry roughly 10 times more than backpacks. Caravans can carry roughly 10 times more than mules.
- Caravans will have carrying capacity limits and customizable stats, such as defensive points, speed and number of hired NPC guards.
- Inventory expansion and weight management training certificates are available in the Galleria at City stage economic nodes.
- A player's inventory has sections for different types of items. Quest items for example will not fill a player's regular inventory capacity.
- We want you to know where the things are; and then the meaningful aspect of that thing is traveling to those locations to access some of those things, particularly as it relates to materials and raw gatherables. – Steven Sharif
- The stacking limit of potions might be one hundred. The stacking limit of food items might be 999 or 1000.
- The higher quality the crate, the greater its capacity.
- Crates will be required to transfer supplies between caravans and storage points.
- Crates are a potential design idea that will undergo testing and iteration during Alpha-2.
- Transported goods by caravan require crate capacity first and then can translate into storage capacity within a warehouse inventory management system or a personal inventory bag management system. – Steven Sharif
- Blog: The Hungry Quadruped.
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter - Mounts, Tigers and Bears!
- Livestream, 29 January 2021 (1:24:27).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (47:46).
- Livestream, 31 July 2020 (1:17:45).
- Livestream, 15 May 2017 (45:19).
- Livestream, 27 April 2017 (6:11).
- Livestream, 29 May 2020 (1:27:18).
- Livestream, 18 July 2017 (44:57).
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (40:41).
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (1:14:13).
- Know Your Nodes: Economic Node Type.
- Livestream, 29 July 2022 (1:17:33).
- Livestream, 25 February 2022 (1:10:00).
- Livestream, 29 May 2020 (41:45).
- Interview, 6 December 2018 (20:30).
- Video, 31 May 2020 (47:32).