- For example, the Ramstrider skin will only be applicable to the class of land mounts (tier 1), and the Nighthunter Gryphon skin is only applicable to the class of royal mounts (tier 3).
- Certain tier 2 mount skins (such as the Emberstorm Dragon) can be upgraded to tier 3 skins if they also apply to royal mounts.
- Acquiring achievements like t3 mounts or t2 mounts to use cosmetics on will require varying degrees of effort, skill and strategy. Once achieved players can use those cosmetics. – Steven Sharif
- The skin changes the appearance of an in-game mount and in-game caravan that are hooked up to each other.
- The caravan and mount components of the skin are not able to be utilized separately.
- Building, ship, caravan and mount cosmetics require an in-game item to be obtained first to apply the cosmetic.
You'll need your own creature and caravan hooked up to each other, and then the caravan cosmetic skin goes over all of them to make it look like what's pictured. you're not able to split out separately that caravan mount skin, hence why you'd want the separate mount skin if you wanted to ride it independently. – Sarah Flanagan
- The higher the level of barding, the better looking it will be.
- Barding will have multiple components that can be equipped. Each component will increase the stats of the mount, such as hit points and speed.
- Barding cosmetics can only be applied to mounts with barding cosmetic slots.
- Cosmetic skins may only be applied to barding/saddle items that are earned in-game.
- Barding skins can not be applied over a mount skin.
- The mount skins are applied to the mount, and barding (think of it like an accessory appearance) can not be applied over the mount skin. – Cody Peterson
- Barding skins' appearance may differ depending on the type of mount.
- Skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within Ashes of Creation.
- Owning cosmetics does not guarantee the acquisition of the item the cosmetic can be used on. Players must still achieve the corresponding item/building. – Steven Sharif
- Caravan skins change the appearance of an in-game mount and in-game caravan that are hooked up to each other.
- The best skins will be in-game achievable.
- The best skins will be in-game achievable (obviously “best” is subjective, so I’d say the most ornate and detailed/unique). – Steven Sharif
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means.
- Nothing in the cosmetic store will be pay to win.
Nothing in our shop will ever be pay to win as we believe this practice greatly hurts the MMORPG genre.
- Cash shop cosmetics will offer a diverse selection of unique looks.
I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost. I want to incentivize purchase by offering limited items: limited time, limited quantity, so you have confidence that when you purchase them, they won't be offered later on in some other way. – Steven Sharif
- All cosmetic store items will be non-tradeable. There will be no gifting mechanism for cosmetic items.
List of mount skins
- Livestream, December 23, 2021 (1:21:32).
- Livestream, November 30, 2020 (57:50).
- Livestream, 2018-04-8 (PM) (51:49).
- Livestream, December 6, 2018 (41:43).
- Livestream, September 30, 2019 (1:39:01).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Ramstone Hauler.
- Leader of Men
- Livestream, May 29, 2020 (58:31).
- Livestream, September 30, 2020 (45:37).
- Livestream, September 30, 2020 (45:26).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Mount skins.
- Livestream, November 30, 2020 (56:02).
- Rime and Regal.
- Livestream, June 30, 2023 (1:15:34).
- Livestream, August 28, 2020 (2:14:06).
- Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- Livestream, July 25, 2020 (1:53:46).
- Livestream, 2018-04-8 (PM) (58:29).
- Interview, May 11, 2018 (32:36).