(Redirected from Moons)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Constellations, as you could see with the sky, some of those moons being in different positions. They do rotate and change throughout the night. That is the intent for them; and of course they have wide application across a number of systems that are relevant, including story and narrative and the acquisition of certain types of things in the game. – Steven Sharif
- Constellations may only be seen at certain times at specific locations.
- The Constellation system is another predicate system. And when I say it's a predicate system, it means that certain conditions will yield certain constellations being available to pursue, discover and achieve. And they span the realm of interfacing across adventuring level, artisanship, node, relics, policies. There's a lot of different things that constellations can touch because at its essence, it is a predicate system. Now, once players have achieved identifying a certain location that yields a constellation, and they've checked off that box, okay, I have achieved this thing, it can serve its purpose for kicking off a new storyline for that individual, kicking off a new storyline for that individual's micro communities or pseudo factions, if necessary. It can serve as a broader kickoff: One person's discovers it, three, four or 500 people get to participate now in it. That's an opportunity. It can yield the location of an achievable world relic that can be brought back home to a particular node. There's a lot of different things that are possible in order to see the constellation and to actually achieve that. It could be just as simple as looking at your character's viewport into the night sky at a certain location at a certain time. It could be far more in-depth, which is killing a certain raid boss for a particular number of times until it drops a particular item that yields a map that sends you to a location that sends- there's a lot of different layers that can get added on how do we manifest a particular constellation. The intent here is to provide an immersive system that keeps the player in the world and allows their in-world movement and interactions and immersiveness to yield a result that's unique; and that, I think, is a fun and compelling interaction, especially as it relates to adventuring. – Steven Sharif
- Acquiring relics for nodes.
- Empowering certain abilities or items.
- A subject of study and worship by the Vek.
Day and night cycle
- Day and night cycles occur over the course of a few hours.
- The day night cycle is tied to server time, yes. So there is a number of hours that exist between each of the cycles. That's something that we'll be fine-tuning of course during Alpha 2 as well, but it is intended for players to interact with certain systems even based on in-game time as well. – Steven Sharif
- The developers requested feedback on the intensity of illumination and darkness that will be present in Alpha-2.
- Based on feedback the developers increased the nighttime darkness.
- NPCs and mobs may be awake or have varying behaviors at different times of the day. This might also influence abilities and/or buff/debuff vulnerabilities.
- Certain creatures will react differently. Certain spawns react differently during night times and different day/night cycles. Those might also influence things like abilities and/or buff/debuff vulnerabilities. You'll have to find out based on the type of creature you're experiencing. – Steven Sharif
- The developers are requesting feedback on the intensity of illumination and darkness that will be present in Alpha-2.
- In more survival oriented games you're expected to have really dark night times because you utilize instruments like torches and lights that can be present, but when you think about an MMORPG and you think about the types of player numbers and player count you're expected to have in certain locations and dungeons, you need to be able to accommodate those types of visibility lines and those mechanics around that large multiplayer environment. So when you guys are giving feedback think about whether or not you want the outside night time to really be very dark, or if you want that to be reserved for specific locations in game, like certain dungeons and towers where we can utilize mechanics like different types of lighting mechanisms in order to facilitate that more dark feel. – Steven Sharif
- Video, December 2, 2022 (11:11).
- Video, December 2, 2022 (39:23).
- Video, December 2, 2022 (27:35).
- Livestream, April 7, 2023 (1:26:40).
- Livestream, February 25, 2022 (1:15:50).
- Livestream, December 2, 2022 (1:09:42).
- Livestream, February 24, 2023 (6:51).
- Video, November 30, 2023 (35:28).
- Livestream, November 30, 2020 (41:49).
- Livestream, June 25, 2021 (29:58).
- Livestream, May 12, 2017 (57:41).
- Livestream, May 27, 2022 (1:13:39).
- Livestream, December 2, 2022 (1:07:29).
- Livestream, December 2, 2022 (1:08:06).
- Livestream, December 2, 2022 (53:01).
- Video, November 30, 2023 (34:36).
- Livestream, December 2, 2022 (1:10:14).
- Podcast, April 11, 2021 (15:55).
- Video, February 7, 2017 (0:02).
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 2017-04-13.