- Marriage increases family size by one to allow player housing permissions to be shared.
- A NPC may offer quests relating to a marriage ceremony. This may come online post-launch.
You might have a NPC that is specifically a RP event NPC. This is a person who marries you and you come up to them and they have a quest that relates to finding the cosmetic attire for the wedding; and once you have that achieved you must find a Best man or Maid of honor- these are systems that can be created around immersion in the game. – Steven Sharif
Marriage may unlock different activities that are not available to characters who are not married.
- Interaction with the freehold system.
- Unlocking certain node quests.
- Impacts on social organizations.
- Other mechanics will be discussed in the future.
There are not plans for gender neutral neutral pronouns. However our marriage system which will be present does not take into account gender. So two individuals of any sex will be able to utilize the marriage system and we feel that that's pretty important to really reflect the nature the cultures in Ashes of Creation: That it does not have that conflict present in this fantasy world that we may have experienced in the past in our real world; and that's a good place both from a sanctuary standpoint through people who are maybe experiencing that in the real world to kind of get away from it in the fantasy world: We wanted to provide that type of outlet. – Steven Sharif
- Character names are unique per server.
- There is a minimum length of three for a character name.
- Special characters, including apostrophes and hyphens, are currently not allowed in character names.
- Currently we don't allow special characters in character names (including apostrophes and/or hyphens). It's possible this changes in the future. – Ry Schueller
- Musical instruments.
- Social animations such as dancing and emotes.
- Chat bubbles.
- Roleplay-specific items, such as flowers.
- Roleplaying events and ceremonies, such as weddings.
- Easter eggs out in the world.
- Social buildings provide spaces for players to gather and tell/share stories, while also affecting the game and interacting with the world.
- Parlor games.
- Players can run a business based on role playing.
A MMO lives and breathes on its community and we don't really want to give short shrift to any one of those types. All of them are important: the RPers are important, the people who just want to hang out in the Inn and talk are important, they all add to the game and so we want to make sure that we take care of all of them... You can run a business based on RPing. – Jeffrey Bard
- Ashes of Creation Store: Harmony Attire.
- Livestream, January 29, 2021 (1:13:04).
- Livestream, February 26, 2021 (1:10:28).
- Interview, February 7, 2021 (55:22).
- Livestream, May 24, 2017 (53:58).
- Podcast, May 11, 2018 (1:05:58).
- Livestream, May 8, 2017 (48:39).
- Livestream, October 14, 2022 (2:53).
- Livestream, October 31, 2017 (48:39).
- Interview, May 11, 2018 (2:45).
- Livestream, May 30, 2019 (1:09:13).
- Livestream, May 17, 2017 (44:42).
- Livestream, January 29, 2021 (1:20:05).
- Livestream, July 28, 2017 (37:25).
- Video, April 5, 2018 (44:06).