Intrepid Studios was founded by Steven Sharif and John Moore, passionate gamers and successful entrepreneurs, who took their knowledge of business and passion for games and set out on a mission to make a gaming company that would build the games players want. Steven Sharif, set out to bring aboard a team of industry veterans, with a clear vision for the company’s first project. These titans of the industry hail from many backgrounds, but all share two common threads: AAA MMORPG development experience, and a passion for building the games players want.
Everyone at Intrepid is focused on building games that help bring people together. Part of what makes us who we are is that ability to connect with others, and we adhere to this design principle throughout our development process. Since the beginning, Intrepid has held to the philosophy of making games with no pay-to-win or cash grab elements – we respect our players and believe that these tactics aren’t necessary if we simply build games that players want to play. That philosophy, combined with a commitment to transparency and communication with our community, reflects the most important values that we as developers can uphold.
- Some game aspects will be more polished than others before they are presented.
- The delicate blend between a transparent development process, but also understanding that [the] majority of your player audience will not grasp, or will not take into context, what a work in progress looks like. So certain things we have to polish to the point where they're presentable; where they can be understood- again in its own context without my verbal support or Margaret's verbal support. – Steven Sharif
- I think that we live in an age where it's easy to be transparent if you're not trying to hide something. The downside is if you're showing something that's not a completed or finished product, it is incumbent upon the viewer to understand that fact. – Steven Sharif
- The purpose of transparent development is to enable participation and feedback from the community without the need to purchase access.
- The whole purpose of our development process being transparent being open is that you don't have to buy a package actually to participate. You can be a voice from the community. You can observe people playing. You can give your experiences and feedback. – Steven Sharif
- I don't answer to a board. I don't answer to a publisher. We answer to our players; and we try to be as transparent as possible with showing our progress; and showing it in a timely manner. – Steven Sharif
- There are obviously going to be some aspects of the development that we will not reveal, like lore and some system mechanics in order not to spoil the game for release. – Steven Sharif
- Kickstarter's most funded MMORPG.
- Kickstarter's #7 most funded video game.
- Most anticipated MMO – MMORPG.com's Best of 2017 Awards.
- Most anticipated early access hands-on MMORPG – MMOs World.
- Gamescom 2018: Best Independent game.
- Gamescom 2018: Best Online game.
- Best indie MMO of 2020 – massivelyop.com reader's poll.
- Most anticipated MMO of 2021 and beyond – massivelyop.com reader's poll.
- Forbes: Top 10 Best Upcoming New MMORPGs For 2021 And Beyond.
- Intrepid Studios will be opening offices in Amsterdam to help support their publishing operations in the EU (European Union) and CIS regions.
We have learned a lot from our partnership with MY.GAMES, and we wish our friends there all the best as we have mutually decided to part ways. Looking ahead, we’re excited to announce that Intrepid Studios will be opening European offices in Amsterdam to help support our publishing operations in the EU/CIS regions. We have recently posted open positions for our new EU offices, and look forward to hiring the best and brightest in true Intrepid fashion. – Steven Sharif
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale early access testing ended on March 10, 2020. It was previously available for download on the official website and on Steam.
|This section is currently a stub. We are in the process of removing staff pages that are not supported by a citation either on the Intrepid site or elsewhere in official social media, such as a mention on a livestream, the official Discord, or other citable public statement. This will take some time as we want to be careful to not remove any publicly stated information from the wiki.|
The gaming industry can be a turbulent storm of hiring cycles and layoffs. We’ve set out to do something different, to break this cycle and create an independent studio capable of withstanding the chaos of this industry. We’ve brought on-board a team of professionals that hold a diverse set of skills, and who all share a singular goal: making fun games. The studio is designed to be an open place for collaboration and communication, a place that is conducive to team building and success. Our goal is to build a family that will laugh together, play together, succeed together, and stay together.
2022-07-08 2022-07-04 2022-05-15 2022-04-17 2022-01-01 2021-12-25 2021-10-22 2021-04-03 2021-02-14 2020-10-01 2020-09-16 2020-07-04 2020-06-28 2020-05-01 2020-03-19 2019-09-11 2018-04-28 2017-11-10 2017-10-22
- Twitter - #IntrepidLife.
- Intrepid Studios - Official website.
- A chat with Ashes of Creation's Steven Sharif, 7 June 2017.
- Livestream, 29 April 2022 (21:00).
- Livestream, 23 December 2021 (1:23:41).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (3:43:52).
- Livestream, 4 May 2018 (39:41).
- MMORPG.com's Best of 2017 Awards.
- Most Anticipated MMORPGs For 2018.
- DualShockers’ Gamescom 2018 Awards
- MassivelyOP 2020 awards reader's poll.
- MassivelyOP reader's poll.
- Forbes: Top 10 Best Upcoming New MMORPGs For 2021 And Beyond
- Interview, 21 August 2018 (11:20).
- Blog: New Adventure Awaits.