Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Gold, silver, and copper coins are present in the game.
- Monsters don't drop gold, they instead drop hunting certificates.
- Game currency does not have weight.
- There is no cap on how much currency a player can hold.
- Players do not lose gold upon death, no matter their corruption level.
- The primary method to generate gold is through the certificate system.
Currency may refer to:
- Gold is the general in-game currency in Ashes of Creation.
- Bound currencies are progression-based currencies that cannot be traded.
- Embers is a virtual currency that can be used to purchase cosmetic items within Ashes of Creation.
- Intrepid Bucks are earned through the Referral program.
- There are bound currencies that exist within the game; and then there is the general currencies that's usually achieved through certificates and the ability to trade those certificates in to get gold that we've talked about in the past. But some of those bound currencies are like favor: these are points that you achieve doing some divine questlines, participating in divine story-arcs; or honor, which is like PvP-oriented unique currency stuff like that. – Steven Sharif
- Social organizations.
- Tavern games (potentially).
- Node types have specific bound currencies that are earned through personal progression within the node.
- A bound currency that's used to purchase a number of different types of vendorable items that exist within nodes. It is not player-to-player currency. It is not intended to be traded between players, but instead it interacts with these unique vendors that supply a large segment of necessary components for a number of different things: whether it be crafting, enchantments, a lot of different things that exist within the node. This is the reason why you would want to acquire that currency so you have access to those types of items. – Steven Sharif
- Node currencies stay bound to the player, even if their node is destroyed or they drop citizenship. They will be able to use their node currency once they are a citizen of a new node (of the same type).
- Node currency stays with the player even if their node is destroyed or they drop citizenship. This is something that you have available to you and you carry forward to your next location. But you may only spend your node currency at nodes that you're a citizen of. – Steven Sharif
- You have to have enough node rep to be able to buy certain tiers of things from the node with your node currency. Even though the currency is generic, you still need the rep with the node to unlock better purchases. – John Collins
- Ashes of Creation Press Kit.
- Interview, July 18, 2020 (27:11).
- Podcast, July 15, 2023 (15:14).
- Livestream, May 24, 2017 (44:14).
- Video, January 27, 2023 (4:09).
- Livestream, May 26, 2017 (54:00).
- Livestream, March 26, 2021 (1:07:00).
- Interview, September 10, 2023 (53:47).
- Zendesk - What are Embers and how do I use them?
- Ashes of Creation referral program.
- Interview, June 13, 2021 (18:40).
- Interview, July 9, 2023 (19:56).
- Livestream, August 31, 2023 (1:01:10).
- Livestream, August 31, 2023 (1:05:23).