Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 3 Belt slots.
- 8 Armor slots.
- 5 Jewelry slots.
- 3 Artisan gear slots.
- 1 Artisan tool slot is used to equip gathering tools.
- There may be a specific slot for musical instruments, but this has not been finalized yet.
- Previously it was stated there were 16 gear slots.
- Ranged slot.
- Accessory (backpack etc).
- Mainhand slot equips a player's primary weapon.
- Offhand slot can equip shields, spell focuses, sigils, and dual weapons.
- Potion/Pouch/Scroll slot.
- Players can select which weapon they wish to use as their primary weapon for basic attacks.
- Two-handed and dual wielded weapons occupy both main and offhand gear slots.
- Only one-handed weapons may be equipped when the offhand slot is in use.
- Previously, shields were equipped in a back slot.
- Dual wielded weapons occupy both main and offhand gear slots.
Artisan gear slots
- There are three artisan gear slots on a character's paper doll UI. Previously these was referred to as undergarment slots.
- Artisan gear and adventuring gear do not need to be swapped for either to be effective when they are equipped on a character, but players will be able to toggle gear visibility between their adventuring and artisan gear.
- If you want to be seen as wearing the herbalists outfit, you're still going to have your adventuring gear present and on the character, and benefiting from the stats that are conferred by them; and vice-versa. – Steven Sharif
- Gear for artisans are going to live alongside your adventuring gear. So you will currently- the approaches, and we'll test this but currently- the approach is you'll have artisanship oriented gear. This might be beneficial for your gathering; it might be beneficial for your processing, or crafting, or whatever it is- your profession. Essentially you will craft that gear, you will equip that gear, it'll live almost as a undergarment slot so to speak; and then you can activate that and it will show the appearance if you wish during the activation when you gain the benefit from the from the gear itself; and then could disappear afterwards and go back to your adventuring gear. That's the current approach. We're going to play with that a little bit. There's some discussion and disagreement on the team about how we do that, but our hopes are for Alpha two, we will have I think a couple of sets at least. We're demonstrating all of the artisanship from gathering to processing to crafting in limited fashion in Alpha 2 want to have that gear present to play with this approach. – Steven Sharif
Artisan tool slots
- Each gathering profession has three gathering tools. Each tool allows gathering of different resource types.
- Gatherers must meet the required artisan certification to utilize tools of that level (or lower).
- Progression in the gathering artisan class unlocks higher level harvesting tools that enable gathering of higher level resources.
- Artisan progression unlocks higher level surveying tools that enable better identification of gatherable resources within a location.
- Higher level of progression can also speed up gathering times, resource yields, and may allow access to resources at earlier growth stages.
- A gatherer at maximum proficiency will unlock master toolsets that will grant them access to the highest quality gatherables.
- Tools do advance within the artisan tree, so your ability to either gather, process or craft will require the equivalent tools necessary at that stage of crafting in order to accomplish the task at hand. So, you could not mine copper and mithril with the same tool. – Steven Sharif
- Tools will have durability and lifespans.
- Artisans will not need to rely on other trees in order to make their tools.
- The developers are considering the introduction of gathering tools that require two players, such as two-person saws that can fell larger trees.
- Your progression within the profession will take account what tools you can use. There might even be some opportunity to do some gathering with other players that . Typically in other games that I play you usually do the gathering alone. You're venturing around alone; and we wanted to take a look at maybe having a friend to help you with a two person saw on a larger tree. Maybe there's some panning that you could do as opposed to just hitting with the pickaxe. So, we'll have other tools that are part of that progression path and other activities that players can do if they would like to gather together. – Kory Rice
- It is possible to store and swap gear loadouts with a single hotkey button press when out of combat.
- There will be a loadout system that you can use in your inventory to help manage those different types of set that you can customize. So you can do a simple hotkey press and be able to swap your armors, out of combat of course, with a single button click. – Steven Sharif
- Artisan gear and adventuring gear do not need to be swapped for either to be effective when they are equipped on a character.
- Weapon swapping is possible while in combat but armor cannot be swapped while in combat.
- You may not swap armor when you're in combat, but you may swap your weapons; and there's obviously a few reasons of why this can be important: We're a itemization agnostic class design, so players equip with items that there are most necessary based on the adversary or the challenge that they're facing; and so we want that to be available for players to swap with weapons. – Steven Sharif
- Only one item can show at a time, and that is determined by player choice.
- Some ranged or melee abilities require a specific weapon to be equipped. Weapons that are equipped in the character's ranged or offhand slots will automatically swap in and out as required by the skill.
- Weapons are able to be sheathed.
- Idle animations will be selectible by players in the character creator.
- Livestream, February 24, 2023 (46:15).
- Livestream, April 28, 2023 (1:08:55).
- Livestream, September 30, 2022 (49:16).
- Podcast, September 29, 2021 (40:50).
- Podcast, September 29, 2021 (47:57).
- Interview, May 11, 2018 (16:32).
- Livestream, May 31, 2023 (48:11).
- Livestream, July 28, 2017 (24:54).
- Livestream, February 9, 2018 (7:31).
- Livestream, July 28, 2017 (31:30).
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Video, November 30, 2023 (19:06).
- Livestream, June 30, 2022 (1:17:34).
- Video, November 30, 2023 (9:36).
- Livestream, September 29, 2023 (1:08:25).
- Interview, September 10, 2023 (47:13).
- Livestream, May 30, 2019 (1:09:13).
- Livestream, June 25, 2021 (21:56).
- Livestream, January 30, 2020 (49:08).
- Livestream, May 31, 2023 (1:12:58).
- Livestream, September 30, 2022 (1:13:23).
- Video, November 30, 2023 (5:47).
- Livestream, March 26, 2021 (1:06:50).
- Video, November 30, 2023 (12:05).
- Livestream, November 30, 2023 (1:37:49).
- Video, June 30, 2023 (3:14).
- Video, October 28, 2022 (26:14).
- Video, November 30, 2023 (7:56).
- Video, November 30, 2023 (5:58).
- Livestream, October 14, 2022 (32:38).
- Interview, March 27, 2020 (9:00).
- Interview, May 11, 2018 (38:25).
- Video, November 30, 2023 (16:40).
- Podcast, December 3, 2023 (12:27).
- Video, October 28, 2022 (25:11).
- Livestream, April 30, 2020 (53:11).
- Livestream, July 31, 2020 (1:05:58).
- Livestream, April 28, 2023 (39:06).
- Livestream, November 19, 2021 (40:53).
- Livestream, April 28, 2023 (51:16).
- Livestream, September 30, 2022 (51:09).
- Livestream, July 28, 2017 (34:32).
- Interview, July 18, 2020 (1:03:45).
- Livestream, May 30, 2019 (1:15:58).
- Livestream, June 4, 2018 (19:48).
- Livestream, September 3, 2017 (48:56).
- Livestream, January 28, 2022 (39:30).