Freehold building skins
- Freehold building skins can also be achieved in-game.
- Freehold skins can be applied to blueprints matching the type of freehold building: housing, artisanship, and business.
- Cosmetics that we have sold as part of different packs throughout the past- our pre-order system: Those cosmetics are split into three primary categories: housing, artisanship, and business; and we will have a breakdown that we're going to be releasing of the cosmetics that have come previously and which categories they exist in, but players will have the option to override the appearance of a blueprint that exists within one of those categories with an associated cosmetic skin; and that is obviously not just something that can be purchased through the pre-order system, but also can be achieved in-game as well- our cosmetics that can be applied to specific building types. And we don't get as granular where, let's say, you might have a shrine cosmetic, and you have, let's say, a blacksmith building that you wouldn't be able to apply the shrine to the blacksmith building. If the shrine exists in the artisanship lane you can apply it to any artisanship type building, but not to a house or business. so giving a little bit of additional context there. – Steven Sharif
- A planned feature may allow multiple buildings to be replaced by a single large cosmetic skin.
- Cosmetics that are are very large in size- we will have a system that's not been developed yet, but we've been planning for this: we'll have a system where multiple buildings can be occupied space-wise by the larger cosmetic. So, a cosmetic might replace the visual appearance of one particular building, but then you'll be able to have that footprint occupy multiple buildings to replace the visual appearance. So that way you're still utilizing the similar amount of space. – Steven Sharif
Homestead building skins
Artisan building skins
- These skins can be placed on any artisan building, regardless of type.
- Artisan cosmetic skins go on artisan buildings and not the individual profession stations themselves.
Business building skins
- These skins can be placed on any business building, regardless of type.
Guild hall skins
- Skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within Ashes of Creation.
- Owning cosmetics does not guarantee the acquisition of the item the cosmetic can be used on. Players must still achieve the corresponding item/building. – Steven Sharif
- Caravan skins change the appearance of an in-game mount and in-game caravan that are hooked up to each other.
- The best skins will be in-game achievable.
- The best skins will be in-game achievable (obviously “best” is subjective, so I’d say the most ornate and detailed/unique). – Steven Sharif
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means.
- Nothing in the cosmetic store will be pay to win.
Nothing in our shop will ever be pay to win as we believe this practice greatly hurts the MMORPG genre.
- Cash shop cosmetics will offer a diverse selection of unique looks.
I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost. I want to incentivize purchase by offering limited items: limited time, limited quantity, so you have confidence that when you purchase them, they won't be offered later on in some other way. – Steven Sharif
- All cosmetic store items will be non-tradeable. There will be no gifting mechanism for cosmetic items.
- Ashes of Creation Store: Sunbeam's Remembrance.
- Blog: Exploring the Boundless Opportunities of Freeholds.
- Livestream, June 30, 2023 (22:05).
- What is included with my Pre-Order package?
- Livestream, June 30, 2023 (23:40).
- Development Update with Freehold Preview.
- Livestream, November 30, 2020 (57:50).
- Livestream, August 28, 2020 (2:14:06).
- Livestream, June 30, 2023 (1:15:34).
- Livestream, April 7, 2023 (31:49).
- Livestream, June 30, 2023 (1:21:07).
- Interview, July 9, 2023 (31:18).
- Livestream, April 30, 2021 (1:14:12).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Freehold building skins.
- Livestream, November 30, 2020 (56:02).
- Rime and Regal.
- Livestream, December 6, 2018 (41:43).
- Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- Livestream, July 25, 2020 (1:53:46).
- Livestream, 2018-04-8 (PM) (58:29).
- Interview, May 11, 2018 (32:36).