Cloak of Eminence
Cloak of Eminence was a cosmetic cloak in a pre-order pack.
For when you need to stand out.
- Expeditionary pre-order pack: May 2018 - Jun 2018
- Intrepid pre-order pack: May 2018 - Jun 2018
- Voyager pre-order pack: May 2018 - Jun 2018
- Wayfarer pre-order pack: May 2018 - Jun 2018
The Cosmetic store enables players to purchase Cosmetics for use in Ashes of Creation. The cosmetic store offers limited time, limited quantity items to help sustain game development.
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means.
- Nothing in the cosmetic store will be pay to win.
Nothing in our shop will ever be pay to win as we believe this practice greatly hurts the MMORPG genre.
- Cash shop cosmetics will offer a diverse selection of unique looks.
I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost. I want to incentivize purchase by offering limited items: limited time, limited quantity, so you have confidence that when you purchase them, they won't be offered later on in some other way. – Steven Sharif
- All cosmetic store items will be non-tradeable. There will be no gifting mechanism for cosmetic items.
I don't want cosmetic items that can be purchased from the market to be transferable... because it is in a way a transfer of money for potentially something in-game. – Steven Sharif
Pets, Mounts, Armor, Buildings and Accessories sold in the cosmetic store are skins.
- Skins are cosmetic items that do not grant the user any benefit.
- Skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within Ashes of Creation.
- Mount skins require a specific type of mount to have been achieved in-game.
- The flavor text next to store items relates to the lore and background of creatures and items in the world of Verra.
- Caravan skins change the appearance of an in-game mount and in-game caravan that are hooked up to each other.
- The best skins will be in-game achievable.
The best skins will be in-game achievable (obviously “best” is subjective, so I’d say the most ornate and detailed/unique). – Steven Sharif
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Ashes of Creation Store: Cloak of Eminence.
- ↑ Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- ↑ Livestream, July 25, 2020 (1:53:46).
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Livestream, 2018-04-8 (PM) (58:29).
- ↑ 6.0 6.1
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Interview, May 11, 2018 (32:36).
- ↑ Ashes of Creation Store: Cloak of Eminence.
- ↑ Livestream, November 30, 2020 (56:02).
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Rime and Regal.
- ↑ Livestream, December 6, 2018 (41:43).
- ↑ Livestream, November 30, 2020 (58:24).
- ↑ 16.0 16.1
- ↑ 17.0 17.1
- ↑ 18.0 18.1