From Ashes of Creation Wiki
- 1 Overview
- 2 Races
- 3 Classes
- 4 Artisan Classes
- 5 Social Organizations
- 6 Religion
- 7 Inventory
- 8 Movement
- 9 FAQ
- 9.1 What will religion do? Multiple religions?
- 9.2 Is there going to be a way to increase your character's base weight limit in-game?
- 9.3 [31:48] Religion; What advantages/progression will religion give you as you advance within in it?
- 9.4 [33:39] Religion; What determines a players position in the hierarchy of the religion?
- 9.5 [34:12] Religion; Will there be a science based path that players can progress down for players who don’t use the religious system?
- 10 References
- Character surname will be optional.
- Base stats are determined by 3 factors
- Primary Class
- Secondary Class
- 9 Races (four species, each with two subtypes)
- 8 Archetypes
- The combined primary and secondary archetype, defines your class.
- Classes will have different utilities such as climbing.
- Choosing the same primary and secondary will enhance your focus in that class. 
- Secondary class swapping is being discussed.
- Unlocked by reaching a Kickstarter Stretch Goal
- Thieve's Guild
- Scholar's Academy
- Trader's Company
- Mercenary Guild 
- Can only pledge loyalty to one organization, Can switch but will lose all progress
- Progress by completing Tasks and Quests thematic to the group
- Function a bit like factions
- Play a role in providing assets (gathering tools, blueprints, etc.) 
- Services granted are based on who the patron node is
- Augments are a huge thing that these different societies will offer.
There are six religions planned for game launch and having a ranking system within those religions based on your progression line within the religion's system.
- Can follow only 1 religion.
- Has its own ranking system.
- Strong religions may gain augments for primary skills.
- Will be a big motivator, not an aesthetic.
- Tied to Backpacks
- Limited space to encourage using caravans and mule mounts.
- Items will have weight, not currency.
- Will be able to store Items on your freehold
- A warehouse ability that will let you transfer non-material goods, warehouses are not global
What will religion do? Multiple religions?
- One religion at a time, religion will work as a class type, like race?
- If you change religion, you will maybe lose your progress in the first religion.
- Religions will have a ranking system within it
- I want to be Pope!
- Strong religions might gain augments for primary skills.
- Religion should be a big motivator in the game, not an aesthetic.
Is there going to be a way to increase your character's base weight limit in-game?
- It will not be the same from character creation all the way to end game
- Caravan system will move items on much bigger scale than an individual character (an order of magnitude more)
- Caravan system is not just for transfer of personal goods
- Used for quests, nodes, trade routes to help build nodes
- Caravans to be used to build up castle systems
- I can carry enough goods to support myself, anything large then the caravan system comes into play
- Solo player relatively safe, caravan system comes with risks
- Difficult to explain the caravan system in one QnA
- Later will talk about how they play into the regional economy, risk vs reward
[31:48] Religion; What advantages/progression will religion give you as you advance within in it?
- The religion system in and of itself is like a society in itself.
- Going to have advancements in the church itself
- That is going to reflect your interaction with the religious community. Performing quests/building temples, etc.
- Going to have additional augments/customizations based on your religion and that is going to reflect the religion/deity.
- A lot of your organizational choices will affect what types of augments/skills you have access to, including religion.
- We want them all to have a strong flavor but also have mechanical systems to back that up.
[33:39] Religion; What determines a players position in the hierarchy of the religion?
- It depends on their dedication to the religion itself; their performance when it comes to certain religious objective; their contribution to the religion itself.
[34:12] Religion; Will there be a science based path that players can progress down for players who don’t use the religious system?
- The thing is that in this world there are actual gods who exist and you see them.
- You can abstain from going down the religious advancement path if you want, but you’re going to miss out on extra side-grade options (won’t miss out on direct power-up).
- There’s no real atheists in the game because the gods regularly interact with the mortals of the world.
- Kickstarter Image
|8 Archetypes||Bard • Cleric • Fighter • Mage • Ranger • Rogue • Summoner • Tank|
|Classes||Combination||Paladin • Predator • Spellsword|
|5 Races||Dünzenkell Dwarves||Dünir • Niküa|
|Pyrian Elves||Empyrean • Py'rai|
|Aela Humans||Kaelar • Vaelune|
|Kaivek Orcs||Ren'kai • Vek|
|Other||Player Customization • Inventory • Movement • Mobile App|