Questing in our world combines the best elements of traditional MMO’s as well as the introduction of our unique player driven experiences. Ashes of Creation offers area quests, public quests, and quest chains that change dynamically and in real time based on the player’s experiences and choices.
Players will have the ability to directly alter world events and change the landscape through their actions, as an individual and as a community. Server quests will allow political rivals to compete for the fate of the world.
There are mounts you will be able to unlock via questing aswell.
Questing is planning to be the main way to level.
- 1 Developer Quotes
- 1.1 Will AoC have epic quest lines, similar to Everquest?
- 1.2 Will there be seasonal events/quests/holidays?
- 1.3 Are there any daily quests? Things you have to grind?
- 1.4 What can we expect from questing in your game? (Quality v Quantity)
- 1.5 Will be getting multiple choice quests? (Where choices influence the outcome)
- 1.6 Will there be any other benefits to questing? (Beyond XP)
- 1.7 How much backtracking will we experience while questing? Running back to the same spot after every quest can be tedious.
- 2 References
Will AoC have epic quest lines, similar to Everquest?
- They won’t have a system exactly like that, but there will be epic quests.
- Probably won’t be for specific items, might be to find gated content, will enable different experiences/content.
- Definitely want to reward participation in epic/legendary quests.
Will there be seasonal events/quests/holidays?
- There will be events with seasons in the real world and seasons in the game world
- It’s seasons all the way down.
Are there any daily quests? Things you have to grind?
- We don’t want you to feel like you are grinding
- Tasks will come and go in regional areas, will react to events in the world
- Want to stay away from “daily quests”
- There will be ultra rare drop items in areas that are solo centric. You just want to vedge out and go to a zone and smack away on monsters. If there is no opportunity for rare reward, then you feel like your doing it for nothing, and that’s not fun. If there's an opportunity for ultra rare item or mega sack of loot, then that gives them a tunnel of light. 
What can we expect from questing in your game? (Quality v Quantity)
- So much filler in current MMO quests
- Decided to take those “out of the equation”
- Created “tasks”
- Node based objectives
- “Narrative based”
- Split into some examples like: Events, Tasks, “Epic” quests
- Nobody wants to read bucket loads of text
Will be getting multiple choice quests? (Where choices influence the outcome)
- Yes, common thread for the questline
- Speaks to agency of the characters.
- Makes the lore more meaningful.
- Going to be leaking some lore in the near future.
Will there be any other benefits to questing? (Beyond XP)
- Yes. Especially with our 2 mil goal coming up.
- Certain social organizations may unlock paths/items
- Discovering the world will unlock items
- A lot of easter eggs.
How much backtracking will we experience while questing? Running back to the same spot after every quest can be tedious.
- Trying to get rid of that, some backtracking, but you should be able to get a bunch of tasks at once, go out to complete them all and only them come back to turn them in at once.
- World is constantly changing, you might not be coming back to the same place or maybe there won't even be a place to come back to.
|PvE||Questing • Events • Dungeons|
|PvP||Arenas • Open World • Sieges|
|RP (Role Playing)||Cosmetics • Parlor Games|
|Economy||Caravans • Trade • Markets • Artisan Classes|
|Miscellaneous||Achievements • Combat • Guilds|